Do you have family or friends stopping by for something special? Are you fresh out of ideas for something new to try? Do you need something that’s quick & easy to make and healthy? Our Coffee Cake Recipe uses Raisins and Apples and is ideal for a quick breakfast, an afternoon snack or is great for gatherings and get together. Rather than offering your guests some traditional coffee cake, you’ll add in some raisins and delicious apples, and you’ll present а flavorful treat that will be loved by everyone. Combining apples & raisins keeps this coffee cake pleasantly moist. It won’t take much to prepare this quick & easy coffee cake; just grab а bowl, а whisk, some items from your pantry, a little fruit, and about ten minutes of time. Our coffee cake recipe will make approximately 20 servings; each serving is a 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ piece of cake.
Total Time Required – 85 to 95 Minutes
Preparation – 40 Minutes
Cooking Time – 35 to 40 Minutes
Cooling Time – 10 to 15 Minutes
- 5 cups of apples (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of dark raisins
- 1/2 cup of pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Use a lightly oiled pan (13- x 9- x 2-inch).
- Use a large bowl to combine the (apples, sugar, raisins, & pecans). Mix together well then allow to stand, 30 minutes.
- Stir in the (oil, vanilla & egg).
- Sift together the (flour, baking soda, & cinnamon), & stir it into the apple mixture approximately 1/3 at а time; (just enough for it to moisten the dry ingredients).
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let the coffee cake cool slightly prior to serving.
Calories – 196
Total fat – 8 grams
Saturated fat – 1 gram
Protein – 3 grams
Fiber – 2 grams
Carbohydrate – 31 grams
Cholesterol – 11 milligrams
Sodium – 67 milligrams